This course provides participants with a range of knowledge and skills needed
to perform the following functions associated with the role of
groom/strapper/senior groom for performance horses:
- handle, feed, exercise, groom and care for horses
- work with a wide variety of horses of different sizes, features and
- work within workplace procedures and codes of practice within designated
- communicate effectively with supervisors and team members alike
- be capable of administering first aid to humans and to horses.